Re: ccache with mariadb?

Hi, Otto!

On Dec 23, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Has somebody managed to configure ccache correctly so that it would
> work with MariaDB compilation?
>
> https://ccache.samba.org/
>
> I don't seem to get it working as the build always seems to pick up
> the real gcc binary instead of any of the ccache symlink wrappers I've
> manually put in place to replace all of gcc, cc1, cc1plus etc.

Sure. See our old build scripts in BUILD/* there's ccache all over.
They're from autotool-times, but I believe Monty is still using them.
So one can use ccache with cmake.

Our build scripts to CC='ccache gcc' CXX='ccache g++'.
That's actually not a good idea, a compiler with the space in the middle
kind of works in cmake (there's special support for this use case), but
I've hit rough edges.

But using ccache symlink wrappers should generally work with no problems
at all. I remember trying that and it worked.

Try CC=gcc CXX=g++ before running cmake.

I don't know exactly in what locations cmake is using for a compiler and
why it doesn't pick up your symlinks automatically.