From: "Vicențiu Ciorbaru" <cvicentiu@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: ‎10-‎02-‎2015 20:51
To: "Rohit Kashyap" <rkgudboy@xxxxxxxxx>; "maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Maria-developers] Fwd: Contributing in MariaDB Project

Hi Rohit!

It's good to know you are interested in contributing to MariaDB. We don't have a lot of beginner friendly bugs running around right now. Fortunately however, I do have a task that might be simple enough to tackle [1].

This is part of a former GSOC project called Roles. The place to look for is in the file sql/sql_acl.cc, the function mysql_grant_role(). [2]

The way the function is currently designed and called does not allow for multiple roles to be granted in one step. It would have to be refactored somehow.
The fix will probably take you to sql/sql_yacc.yy [3] for a bit of tinkering there as well.

Feel free to submit a pull request with any work in progress code you have. I would be happy to review it. Any other questions you have are also welcomed.

Regards,
Vicentiu

[1] https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-5772?filter=-1

[2] https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/10.1/sql/sql_acl.cc#L6174