Re: Contributing in Support for GTID in mysqlbinlog for GSoC'15

Rohit Kashyap <rkgudboy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am having a doubt,
> GTID assignss unique identifier to every transaction.
> And gtid_mode variable is not dynamic.Should the constraint of
> matching the master and replica be dropped to implement this.

I am sorry, I do not understand what you are asking?

Agree, GTIDs are unique for every transaction.

But I do not understand about gtid_mode. There is no ariable "gtid_mode" in
MariaDB. Do you mean gtid_strict_mode? But gtid_strict_mode is dynamic.

And what do you mean with "contraint of matching the master and replica"?
I do not see why any constraints on replicas would be needed with respect to
MDEV-4989.