Re: passwordless mariadb root login with auht_socket in Debian

If you don't want to build debian packages but only focus on the
postinst script editing, you could just add the repository 'deb
http://labs.seravo.fi/~otto/mariadb-repo/ sid-amd64/' to a sid virtual
machine and install using my 10.0.17-1~exp1 builds
(http://labs.seravo.fi/~otto/mariadb-repo/mariadb-10.0-sid-amd64/)

To test changes in the postinstall file, you don't need to build the
whole package, you could just use my ready-build binaries above and
inject your own postinst script with 'sudo cp
debian/mariadb-server-10.0.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mariadb-server-10.0.postinst' (/var/lib/dpkg/info
is where dpkg unpacks the scripts before running them).

Or you could even run directly 'sh -x
debian/mariadb-server-10.0.postinst configure' as that is the command
that dpkg would run in the configure step.

> Looks all right. Trying to test in a wheezy chroot.
>
> Needed https://github.com/ottok/mariadb-10.0/pull/8 applied for the wheezy version.

I commented in the github issue why the pcre version needs to be what it is.

> even applying all the debian/patches/*.patch the following build error occurs
>
> dh build
>

> CMake Error at cmake/plugin.cmake:204 (INSTALL):
>   install FILES given no DESTINATION!
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   storage/oqgraph/CMakeLists.txt:52 (MYSQL_ADD_PLUGIN)
>

> -- OQGraph OK
> -- CONNECT: GCC: Some warnings disabled
> CMake Error at cmake/plugin.cmake:204 (INSTALL):
>   install FILES given no DESTINATION!
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   storage/connect/CMakeLists.txt:282 (MYSQL_ADD_PLUGIN)

> make: *** [override_dh_auto_configure] Error 1
>

> adding SET(INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR_DEB             "/etc/mysql")
> to cmake/install_layout.cmake didn't help it.
>

> little lost what to do.

I don't get these any build errors.