Re: GSOC 2015: Indexes on virtual columns

Hi, Sichom!

On Mar 09, Sichom Lionel wrote:
> My name is Lionel Sichom, 2nd year undergraduate student at  the University
> of Buea.
>
> I am a newbie in Open source community and I am interested in participating
> at the Google Summer of Code 2015 with MariaDB. I am mostly interested with
> the project Indexes on virtual columns. As for now I have  5.5.41-MariaDB
> version and I have already downloded the code, and I am already compiling
> the code.
>
> Can someone please guide me through the steps  next to follow.

First, we recommend to do all the development on the latest MariaDB
branch and with git.

So, install git and clone https://github.com/mariadb/server.

Compile, run the test suite, etc.

Also, you might want to understand the project idea, know what virtual
columns are, why they cannot be indexed, how this is supposed to be
fixed. Check related parts of the code, may be.