Re: MDEV-6877 - binlog_row_image implementation advice

Hi Kristian,

> Another concern that I have is how to test the implementation. Right now,
> > run the test, get the binlog file and print it with mysqlbinlog and see
> if
> > the output is what I expect. Do we have something within mysql-test-run
> > that automates this?
>
> There are some MTR tests that run mysqlbinlog and checks the output, for
> example mysqlbinlog.test.
>
> But the usual way to check replication is all the MTR tests in
> mysql-test/suite/rpl/t/. They start up a master and a slave server (or
> more),
> make some transactions on the master, check that they replicate as
> expected to
> the slave.

Thank you for the reply! I have already started doing the changes and I
seem to be making some progress. The mysqlbinlog tests were the ones that I
was looking for.
I'll let you know if I run into any more issues. This actually turned out
to be a very good learning experience for me as I previously had no
experience with replication. I'll mark you as a reviewer when I have a
patch ready.

Vicențiu