Re: MDEV-7802 adding status variables - backport to 10.0 request

I have not checked the patch, and I am not a MariaDB Dev, but ...

...I think the rule should be bended here for the following reason:

 * This patch provides monitoring capabilities,
 * capabilities that are useful to trace performance regression and
   ease tuning,
 * and such features should get to user without delay.

Jean-François Gagné

On 2015-04-22 13:58, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
Daniel Black <daniel.black@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm requesting a backport of MDEV-7802 https://github.com/MariaDB/server/pull/30/files to 10.0
I don't mind putting the code in 10.0.

However, normally we do not introduce new features (in this case: three new
status variables) in stable versions. So I wanted to have someone else say
they think this rule should be bent, before doing it ...