Re: [Commits] 1cd9319: myisam/aria: don't mess with IO_CACHE::file

Hi, Sergey!

On May 27, Sergey Vojtovich wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> I'm lost now. In Aria you did change very similar code and kept
> init_io_cache(-1) while init_io_cache(info->dfile) was moved down
> and replaced with init_io_cache(new_file). This sounds reasonable.
> FWICS MyISAM has very same code.
>
> Isn't "temp" in fact info->dfile and not -1?

Ok, the original problem. init_io_cache(-1) means that IO_CACHE uses a
temporary file as a backing store. That is, when in-memory buffer is
full, IO_CACHE creates a temporary file to keep the data.

MyISAM in a couple of places was creating IO_CACHE with
init_io_cache(-1) and later was replacing IO_CACHE::file. That is,
IO_CACHE was created as if it was a temporary storage, but later changed
to use a real file. Which is not a good idea now, as I (in a later
changeset) detect temporary IO_CACHE's in init_io_cache.

So, I've fixed MyISAM/Aria not to access internal IO_CACHE fields and
create IO_CACHE to have the correct file descriptior from the start.