Re: [Commits] 2606b87: MDEV-9117: Client Server capability negotiation for MariaDB specific functionality

Hi,

> Either "ulonglong" or "unsigned long long".
> But not "ulong long", please.

+1 for ulonglong

> > -  unsigned long client_flag,server_capabilities;
> > +  unsigned long long client_flag,server_capabilities;
>
> This is an incompatible change, it breaks the ABI.
> If we have to have this change in libmysqlclient, you can put the new
> flags in the extension area. But, really, perhaps you should switch to
> Connector/C?

That was also my concern - if we can move something to (which is not used
yet, at least in Connector/C) to mysql->extensions I'm fine with it. If we
need to break ABI, then we should fix other things too, like changing ulong
to size_t.

> looks good, but please test this. New client, old server. And old
> client, new server too.

If we want to exchange libmysql by C/C, I would really appreciate to add
tests to Connector/C. In the 10.2-georg branch there is already a
10.2-features test in place. I'm currently moving unit tests from static to
dynamic linking, so it can be tested with both libmysq and libmariadb.

/Georg