Re: Projects to contribute

Hi, Sonali!

On Jan 18, Sonali Ellath wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was looking to contribute to MariaDb for GSoC 2016, I have successfully
> built MariaDb from source. What should be my next step? Should I pick a
> project and get it done? I am proficient in C++ programming, which ones
> would be suitable for me?

First, a disclaimer - we don't know if MariaDB will be approved to
participate in GSoC 2016. We are definitely going to apply, though.

You can see what projects we were offering for previous GSoC's:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/google-summer-of-code-2013/
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/google-summer-of-code-2014/
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/google-summer-of-code-2015/

we don't have a list of projects for 2016, that will be ready when we're
approved. But most probably we'll offer at least some projects that
weren't done in previous years.

As for the small tasks to do now - we don't have this list yet either.
You can see what bugs are open in mariadb.org/jira

> Thanks!
> - Sonali

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx