Re: Getting started

Hi, Varun!

On Feb 19, Varun Gupta wrote:
> Hey, I am Varun and this year I wish to take part in Google Summer of
> Code 2016 . I have been looking around the project ideas on the ideas
> page of MariaDB and am interested in the idea 'AGGREGATE STORE
> FUNCTIONS' .  It would be helpful if someone could guide me where
> should i start looking to get more details related to this project
> idea.

First, note that we are not taking students yet. MariaDB was not yet
accepted into GSoC 2016 - we applied, but the list of accepted
organizations will be announced on February 29th.
See https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

But anyway, if you like an early start...

This project is described in our bug/feature tracker at
https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-7773

As you can see, while the functionality is reasonably clear, the syntax
is not.

So, the first task - before any coding could start - would be to decide
what syntax to implement. See MDEV-7773, check what other databases do,
tell which one you prefer, have your own ideas.
Discuss them here on the list :)

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx