Enhancing mysqlbinlog (MDEV-4989 and MDEV-5993)

Hello,

I have been looking into MDEV-4989 [1] and MDEV-5993 [2] and as far as I
know, the features requested in those two tickets have already been
implemented in MySQL. However, the team decided to approach this problem in
a different manner and focus more on parallel replication so the GTID
implementations diverged. Now, my question is: for starters, is it enough
to consider the code from MySQL as some sort of guideline when implementing
these features in MariaDB?

Kristian Nielsen did a great job explaining GTID in his blog posts and even
though the mechanism behind the scene seems to be pretty simple, the
codebase is quite massive and I have a hard time going through all of it.
>From what I can understand so far, I do not believe that porting the code
from MySQL to MariaDB is possible since there are a few key aspects that
differ. Is that correct?

I hope I made myself clear and I look forward to hearing from you.

[1] https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-4989
[2] https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-5993

Best regards,
Dan Ungureanu