Re: failing tests

Hi, Olivier!

On Mar 21, Olivier Bertrand wrote:
> Hi, Sergei,
>
> When you said you fixed it, was it in some ConnectSE code?

No, in sql_show.cc. When the error happened in that function, the
expectation was that there was my_error() with the error message.
But handler::info() only returns an error code. This is my fix:

https://github.com/MariaDB/server/commit/a1782b4

> Note that countless problems already occured because of this infamous
> assert.

The assert means that some code didn't issue an error as it was expected
to. Or that some code issued an error and it was later ignored and
mariadb tried to report a success for a failed statement.

This can, indeed, occur for many reasons, that's why this assert fails
often.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx