Re: InnoDB blob for primary key

Hello Jan!

Actually I was going through the problems raised by you

1>Firstly, existing tables will not have that column

Yes Sir, you are right that existing table woudn't have DB_BLOB_HASH
column, but this is fine because they indexed there blob column then
they must have provided blob length, and if so then length of key_part
would not be zero and so need to make changes in patch to detect this.
And also by doing I can also eliminate another problem what if existing
 table have a coloumn  named 'DB_BLOB_HASH'

2>secondly it will effect e.g maximum row size
For this i can  increase reclength by 4 in pack_header function(but i
am not sure whether this will work or not)

3>and external tools like backup
Here, I am assuming that by backup you mean mysqldump actually i tried
this by create a table with blob coloum (length was given ) and than
changing mariadb binary(to changed code) and .sql file of backup was
working fine

But I think there are more problems with this this prototype
1>Existing table with coloumn named 'DB_BLOB_HASH' .We can solve this
as written above but some code in patch compares first coloumn name
with 'DB_BLOB_HASH' so this will create problem Sir, can we add a flag
in dict_table_t->flag so that we can reliable check for blob hash coloumn

2>This is very bad problem , what happen if if data is different and crc
hash of data is same.And this will occur when we have medium amount of
data like 100 thousand records.To avoid this we can do like

2.1> use crc 64 reduces probability
2.2> use two different algorithm for hash and treat these two algoriths
hash for uniquesness.Make  collusion probability very very less

But the main problem is what would happen if collusion occurs to solve
this i have two ideas
2.3> like 2.2 but instead of using two algorithm use one and add column
for number of times this hash is repeated collusion frequency will be zero
i think this will work fine but need to test it
2.4> whole prototype is crap start again with some different method. Can you
please suggest some differnt way of doing this
Regards
sachin