Re: [GSOC Students] Allow to contribute

Hi Daniil,

Congratulations! Nice to have you onboard!

On 05/02/2016 10:09 AM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
Hi, Даниил!

On May 02, Даниил Медведев wrote:
Hello everyone!
I was selected for GSoC to work with MariaDB, with task NO PAD Collatons.

Congratulations!

Me profile on github is medvdanil, and i'm planning to code in my own
branch 10.2-MDEV-9711 or 10.1-MDEV-9711.
Which version I should select 10.1 or 10.2?

Please go ahead with your own repository, as Vicențiu suggested in an earlier email today.

10.1 is fine, I think. You'll need to rebase to 10.2 eventually, but
currently this branch is still in the flux, it'd be easier to base on
something stable.

I propose to do it in 10.2 from the start.

Earlier I made some preparatory changes in 10.2, related to MDEV-9711:
removed the unused "my_bool diff_if_only_endspace_difference" parameter
from my_strnncollsp_xxx() and all related unused code, to make your
life easier :)

Also, we're planning no other my_strnncollsp_xxx related changes for
10.2, so there should not be conflicts with other changes.

Thanks.

And I ask to give me access to create one of those branches and commit
to it.

Just fork the repository on github and work there.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx