Re: 9058071: MDEV-9362: InnoDB tables using DATA_DIRECTORY created using MySQL 5.6 do not work with MariaDB 10.1

Hi, Jan!

On May 02, Jan Lindström wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> Firstly, thank you for your review. I agree that the proposed patch is
> huge and intrusive. Let my try to reason why we should apply it to
> 10.1:
>
> Problem: Oracle MySQL 5.6 database is not binary compatible to MariaDB 10.1
> IF AND ONLY IF DATA_DIRECTORY is used or UNIV_PAGE_SIZE != 16KB
>
> Actual bug on MDEV-9362 can be fixed by not touching these bitmaps at
> all.  Note that bug on using UNIV_PAGE_SIZE!= 16KB requires touching
> these bitmaps.
>
> So alternatives are:
> (1) Proposed intrusive fix (with some modifications based on review)
> (2) Move MariaDB flags to end of bitmap
> (3) Just fix reported problem on MDEV-9362
>
> Opinions?
> R: Jan

I would suggest to try (3) in 10.1 and your big (1) patch in 10.2.

And then I'd really like to see whether we can do table discovery in
InnoDB 10.2 based on your SYS_TABLE_OPTIONS table.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx