Re: MDEV-10035 DBUG_ASSERT on CREATE VIEW v1 AS SELECT * FROM t1 FOR UPDATE

Hi, Oleksandr!

On May 16, Oleksandr Byelkin wrote:

> > meant, what the user expectations could be.
>
> Yes, but they are against at least standard, and we should think a lot
> before implement yet another non-standard feature.

Sure. FOR UPDATE, LOCK IN SHARE MODE, and clauses I've mentioned in
another email are all non-standard.

The question is not about implementing another non-standard feature,
but about how the combination of existing features should work.

This is a tradeoff between the principle of the least surprise, how much
effort we want to put into this, and whether there's anyone who expects
it to work :)

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx