Executing query inside mysql server

Hi,

I wonder what is the simplest way to execute SQL query inside server?
In PostgreSQL there is SPI API, SQLite allows to use client API,... but I failed to find right way of running queries inside mySQL server.

My task is the following: I want to patch mySQL server by redirecting execution of some queries to some external executor. The text of this queries will be stored inside database in some special table. So when some query is executed by mySQL server, I want to perform lookup in this table.
What is the simplest way to do it in mySQL?

Follow ups