Windows line endings in MariaDB sources again (

Hello!

While trying to release 10.0.26 for Debian and Ubuntu I noticed git
chokes again on Windows line endings. As our .gitattributes states
that by default git should clean up the line endings, why do we keep
getting new Windows line endings in new code?

mariadb-10.0$ cat .gitattributes
# Set the default behavior, in case people don't have core.autocrlf set.
* text=auto
storage/connect/mysql-test/connect/std_data/*.txt -text

mariadb-10.0.26$ find . | xargs file | grep CRLF
./storage/connect/mysql-test/connect/std_data/boyswin.txt:
     ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./storage/connect/mysql-test/connect/std_data/expenses.txt:
     ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./storage/connect/mysql-test/connect/std_data/emp.txt:
     ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./mysql-test/std_data/loaddata7.dat:
                                                     ASCII text, with
CRLF line terminators
./mysql-test/r/loadxml.result:
                                                     ASCII text, with
CRLF, LF line terminators
./mysql-test/r/perror-win.result:
                                                     ASCII text, with
CRLF, LF line terminators
./mysql-test/r/mysql_binary_mode.result:
                                                     ASCII English
text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
./mysql-test/r/func_regexp_pcre.result:
                                                     UTF-8 Unicode C++
program text, with CRLF, CR, LF line terminators
./pcre/testdata/grepoutputN:
                        ASCII text, with CRLF, CR, LF line terminators
./pcre/testdata/greppatN4:
                        ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators

This leads for me to:

dpkg-source: info: building mariadb-10.0 using existing
./mariadb-10.0_10.0.26.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
 mariadb-10.0/storage/connect/mysql-test/connect/std_data/boyswin.txt
 mariadb-10.0/storage/connect/mysql-test/connect/std_data/emp.txt
 mariadb-10.0/storage/connect/mysql-test/connect/std_data/expenses.txt
dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see
/tmp/mariadb-10.0_10.0.26-1.diff.Yzwwhw

Which means I have to do extra work with importing the upstream sources..

- Otto

Follow ups