Re: [MariaDB/server] MDEV-10303 - rsync_sst_rsync: ignore lost+found during database directory transfer (#196)

Sergey Vojtovich <notifications@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for your contribution. JIRA task has been created to track this
> pull request: https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-10303
>
> This task was added to 10.2.2 backlog, which hasn't been scheduled yet.
>
> Similar to other open source projects, the MariaDB Foundation needs to
> have shared ownership of all code that is included in the MariaDB
> distribution. The easiest way to achieve this is by submitting your
> code under the BSD-new license.
>
> The other alternative is to sign the code contribution agreement which
> can be found here: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mca/

As was concluded in this mailing thread,

  https://lists.launchpad.net/maria-developers/msg09606.html

the third option is to contribute the code under GPLv2. Personally, I would
strongly recommend to contribute under GPLv2 only. There are good and
important reason why the GPL exists and why it is used by many of the most
successful free software projects. Most of the code by core developers is
contributed to the project under GPLv2 only, as is most of the major
external contributions.

 - Kristian.