Re: [MariaDB/server] Compressed binary log (#247)

>> +#define BINLOG_COMPRESSED_HEADER_LEN 1
>> +#define BINLOG_COMPRESSED_ORIGINAL_LENGTH_MAX_BYTES 4
>> +/**
>> +  Compressed Record
>> +    Record Header: 1 Byte
>> +                   0 Bit: Always 1, mean compressed;
>> +                   1-3 Bit: Reversed, compressed algorithm??Always
0, means zlib

Good to see this progressed from the old MySQL bug I saw originally.

I'm a bit late into this however I suggest we can use a better algorithm
than zlib. There are a significant number of algorithms that may have
better compression at similar speed faster like brotli, zstd, snappy.

https://quixdb.github.io/squash-benchmark/#results-table