Re: Deleting unused branches on github

Hi,

On 11/07/2016 08:59 PM, Vicențiu Ciorbaru wrote:
Hi!

I'm wondering if it makes sense to have an automatic cleanup process for
branches older than X months?

Please don't do that. It happens that some work is delayed for really long period of time. Neither the first (by date) nor the second (by MDEV status) list are suitable for the automatic process. The third one (branches that are fully merged) might be, but it should be considered carefully, I don't have sufficient git expertise to decide if it's reliable enough.

We can potentially add some exceptions for work that needs to stay.

How would it work? When you create a branch and work on something, you don't know yet that it would be delayed. Then it is, you think it's for a week maybe, switch to something else, and you won't remember to revisit the branch until the task comes back to life... Who would care about making it an exception, and when?

Regards,
/E

Regards,
Vicențiu