Re: GSoC 2016 Student Introduction. [ MDEV-4989 ]

Hi Mike!

For debugging on OS X I suggest you use lldb instead of gdb, if you're
having troubles with gdb. At the same time you can get gdb to work but
sometimes it doesn't work as you expect it to, so lldb might be your best
alternative. Using mysql-test-run with lldb will also be somewhat tricky.
You can run the commands manually against an already written binlog file.

There are quite a few articles on gtid that you have probably already seen,
linked in jira. In case you missed them, you can read up on them, perhaps
they will answer more of your questions. The knowledge base one will
probably answer the star position vs gtid position problem you're having.

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/gtid/

There currently isn't one assigned mentor to the task so asking on the
mailing list is good. This allows everybody to follow the discussion.

Regards,
Vicentiu