Re: Confusion between variable / alias and row type.

Hello Jerome,

On 07/07/2017 10:54 AM, jerome brauge wrote:
> Hello Alexander,
> I think there is a regression introduced with row type.
> Attached stored procedure creation fail with error : ERROR 1105 (HY000) at line 9: 'a' is not a row variable.

Thanks for noticing this!

I filed a bug report:

MDEV-13273 Confusion between table alias and ROW type variable

It seems Oracle translates a.c1 as follows:

- If "a" is a scalar variable (like INT in your example),
  then a.c1 is treated as a table column

- If "a" is a RECORD or a ROWTYPE variable,
  then a.c1 is treated as a field of this variable

I think we should do the same.

Do you agree?

Thanks!