Re: MDEV-14603 signal 11 with short stacktrace

Hi, Alexander!

Thanks! Looks more robust, indeed.
Isn't there a need to save/restore the arena?

You call thd->free_items(); but unless mem_root is reset this won't free
the memory, so I'd expect thd->free_list and thd->mem_root to be always
saved/restored in sync. That is, as an arena.

On Jan 18, Alexander Barkov wrote:
> On 12/27/2017 08:33 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> > Hi, Alexander!
> >
> > On Dec 26, Alexander Barkov wrote:
> >> Hi Sergei,
> >>
> >> can you please review a patch for MDEV-14603?
> >
> > I agree with the fix.
> >
> > But I don't like that there are many things to backup/restore
> > (Statement, arena, free_list, and now change_list), they're all
> > saved/restored in different places - it's easy to miss something when
> > making changes.
> >
> > Would it be possible to move all that saving/restoring into dedicated
> > helpers and use them in all three places (prepare, execute, execute
> > immediate)?
>
> Thanks for a good idea.
>
> Done. Please find attached.

Chief Architect MariaDB