GSoC 2018 - Histograms with equal-width bins

Greetings,
My name is Teodor Niculescu and I am a second year undergraduate student at the The Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. I am interested in contributing to MariaDB as part of this years Google Summer of Code.
I am interested in the project: MDEV-12313 Histograms with equal-width bins.
I would like to ask you about a good place to start reading the codebase, in order to help me get an idea about what I need to do for this project.
I  look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely, Teodor.

Follow ups