Re: sql_mode=oracle : Rollback on error

On 05.04.2018 12:22, jerome brauge wrote:
Hello Sergei,
Can you take a glance on this issue.
It's a major behavior difference and my workaround only work with stored procedures.
Commercial DBs works like Oracle (as least Sybase, Sqlserver (when XACT_ABORT is ON), DB2 UDB and DB2 AS400).

Not just stored procedures, but also compound statements, as described in https://mariadb.com/resources/blog/atomic-compound-statements. similar to stored procedures in fact, just not "stored".

Regards

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Alexander Barkov [mailto:bar@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mardi 3 avril 2018 12:43
À : jerome brauge
Cc : MariaDB Developers (maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Objet : Re: sql_mode=oracle : Rollback on error

Hello Jerome,

On 03/30/2018 06:52 PM, jerome brauge wrote:
Hello Alexander,
I've found one another difference  between Mariadb and Oracle : oracle
always rollback the active transaction if an error is raised, Maria leave the
transaction active.
Possible workaround in stored procedure: add an exit handler which do a
rollback and resignal the error.
What do you think about this ?
Sorry, this topic is out of my expertise. Please talk to Sergei.

Regards