MDEV-15450: Add Host Name Field to MariaDB Client Handshake Protocol

Hello devs,

We have initiated a proposal in JIRA where we described the necessity of adding host_name into login packet attributes. I would like to broaden the audience here to bring up more discussions. Please take a look at MDEV-15450 (https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-15450).

[MDEV-15450] Add Host Name Field to MariaDB Client ...<https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-15450>
jira.mariadb.org
Why. In original, one MariaDB server instance is identified by one address (IP + port). That is not enough for a shared proxy for multi servers.

Thanks,

Xiangyu