Re: d9913834ceb: MDEV-14014 Multi-Slave Replication Fail: bogus data in log event

Sergei,

> Hi, Andrei!
>
> On Jun 12, andrei.elkin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> >
>> > Did you already test that your commit actually fixes the issue?
>>
>> Like I said, I did not try after we found it's NFS binlog. I've done it
>> right now, but my attempt lasted minutes while in the user's case
>> apart of anything specific they needed hours sometimes.
>
> I don't understand, sorry.
> Were you able to repeat the user's error in your NFS tests?

Sorry, I wanted to say that I tried yesterday to reproduce the bug
with few minutes testing against the base sources, and resultlessly.
It could be that I needed to run for a lot more time, or only their NFS is
prone to the bug.

>> I am committing a new patch which sustains the simulation test of the
>> old one.
>
> I don't quite like the test case. It may have nothing to do with the
> user's bug - we still don't know why it happens
> and we weren't able to
> repeat it, as far as I understand.

I could not reproduce. But let us see how the user will do. Personally I
have 0% of doubt in that the fixes have made it.

> If you just want to test that IO_CACHE doesn't read beyond end_of_file,
> it's a good thing to test, I agree. But it should be a unit test.
> So, please, remove this replication test and put a unit test for
> end_of_file into unittest/sql/mf_iocache-t.cc

I'm considering.

Thanks!

Andrei