Re: [Commits] 737de39: Issue #885: Can't locate lib/mtr_process.pl in @INC on Ubuntu 18.04.1

Hi Kristian,

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 07:25:29AM +0200, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Sergei Petrunia) writes:
>
> > committer: Sergei Petrunia
> > branch nick: mysql-5.6-rocksdb-spetrunia
>
> > Issue #885: Can't locate lib/mtr_process.pl in @INC on Ubuntu 18.04.1
> >
> > Add "." to @INC array like upstream does.
>
> Just want to make sure you are aware of this:
>
>   https://github.com/MariaDB/server/commit/d185f1d68bb1f37bea10d8ac6188e5a04faf4522
>
> I see the branch nick is mysql-5.6-<something>, so maybe this is like this
> for legacy reasons, which is fine. But this is basically the wrong fix.
> Clearly sometimes in ancient history, someone did not understand Perl
> `require` semantics, and ended up with a horrible mess. For example, if
> someone ever finds they need `require mtr_misc.pl` in a third file, they
> will find it will not work.
>
> Anyway, just a pointer in case you were not aware of a small land-mine
> hidden under your feet ;-)

Yes, I was aware of that patch.

The patch I've committed was for Facebook's MySQL branch, so I assumed copying MySQL's
solution would be more appropriate (I wasn't aware of its limitations though).

Thanks for the note,

BR
Sergei Petrunia, Software Developer
MariaDB Corporation | Skype: sergefp | Blog: http://s.petrunia.net/blog