Weekly Report

Report for week 1:

Hello!

I made test cases and extended the parser for:
INSERT...RETURNING * and
INSERT...RETURNING <col_name/names>
It is working fine for INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE, INSERT...IGNORE,
INSERT...SET, and simple insert statements.
As I have never coded parser before, it was throwing errors during build
and was also crashing the server sometimes. I managed to fix the errors
eventually.
Initially, I tried to extend <column_names> in RETURNING by referring how
column names are parsed in INSERT statement, like using opt_fields
production for insert_field_list, modified it a little and tried to see it
if that would work. But it didn't. So I referred to DELETE...RETURNING as
it was suggested earlier.
I am still trying to extend it for INSERT...SELECT. It is not showing
syntax error but shows error "column count doesn't match value count at row
1." I will add the test cases for this once it is working.

Regards,
Rucha

Follow ups