Congratulations on a successful GSoC!

Hi!

By now, all of you have probably received the results of this year's Google
Summer of Code. I want to congratulate you all for the work that you have
done this year, students and mentors alike.

We have had 4 projects this year:
1. EXCEPT ALL  and INTERSECT ALL operations - Ruihang Xia
https://github.com/MariaDB/server/pull/1378
2. INSERT ... RETURNING - Rucha Deodar
https://medium.com/@ruchad1998/google-summer-of-code-2019-add-returning-to-insert-statement-b876a63fa7e5
3. UPDATE ... RETURNING - Miroslav Koberskii
https://gist.github.com/Mup0c/43c781e2135e55bf5126e0f8c60e2a24
4. Support for indexes on expressions - Alexey Mogilyovkin
https://gist.github.com/ZeroICQ/f0c35a20cae7065368dae31d7ad9b001

Implementing these projects certainly took a lot of effort. The first one
is already merged within MariaDB and the rest will probably follow, after a
bit more polishing. The MariaDB community would be grateful if you stuck
around to watch over your projects, extend them and improve them over time.

I am sure there was a lot to learn from this experience. Now that you have
gotten a feel to what it means to contribute significant features to
MariaDB you are in a great position to help others! In this sense, I
encourage you to keep being active in the community and share what you have
learned. :)

Thank you for a great summer!
Vicențiu Ciorbaru
GSoC MariaDB Foundation Admin