Re: 52f3829b95c: MDEV-20001 Potential dangerous regression: INSERT INTO >=100 rows fail for myisam table with HASH indexes

Hi, Sachin!

This is ok to push.

But, still, about Aria. When you push the fix for MDEV-18791, it will be
very easy to forget this one.

May be you add the same test case for Aria now? It'll fail with
something like "not supported" error, which is fine, just use --error.
But when you fix MDEV-18791 this test will be enabled and it'll ensure
you won't forget to fix Aria for bulk inserts.

On Oct 25, Sachin Setiya wrote:
> revision-id: 52f3829b95c (mariadb-10.4.7-110-g52f3829b95c)
> parent(s): 93d2211e02f
> author: Sachin <sachin.setiya@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> committer: Sachin <sachin.setiya@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> timestamp: 2019-10-09 21:17:32 +0530
> message:
>
> MDEV-20001 Potential dangerous regression: INSERT INTO >=100 rows fail for myisam table with HASH indexes
>
> Problem:-
>
> So the issue is when we do bulk insert with rows
> > MI_MIN_ROWS_TO_DISABLE_INDEXES(100) , We try to disable the indexes to
> speedup insert. But current logic also disables the long unique indexes.
>
> Solution:- In ha_myisam::start_bulk_insert if we find long hash index
> (HA_KEY_ALG_LONG_HASH) we will not disable the index.
>
> This commit also refactors the mi_disable_indexes_for_rebuild function,
> Since this is function is called at only one place, it is inlined into
> start_bulk_insert
>
> mi_clear_key_active is added into myisamdef.h because now it is also used
> in ha_myisam.cc file.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx