Progress Report - Week 1-2

Good day, everyone.

    In this post, I want to describe the things I've done in the 1-2 weeks
of GSoC-20. For begin, I messaged with my mentor Vladislav Vaintroub and I
got some tips on where to start.
The first step was to run the server and tests for MariaDB on Linux and
Windows. At this stage, a little bug was found, which was documented by my
mentor https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-22479.
    The next step was to look at the theoretical part of my work.
Specifically, what algorithm to use for dynamic concurrency. This is the
algorithm "hill-climbing", which is used in .NET ThreadPool
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228977836_Optimizing_concurrency_levels_in_the_net_threadpool_A_case_study_of_controller_design_and_implementation
.
    In the last step, I started to get into the work of the current
ThreadPool in MariaDB.
At the moment this step is not completed yet.

What needs to be done next:
Fully understand the theoretic part and how the current thread pool works.

Regards,
Anton MIkhailenko