Re: Obtaining usernames in MariaDB UDFs

Hello Sergei,

Thank you for your clarification question.

I thought about it and came to a conclusion that having security_ctx empty is an unusual case that lead me to thinking that MariaDB version was the cause.

I upgraded my server version from 5.5.65 to 10.5.4 and the UDFs started to work, security_ctx was no longer empty and I could extract a username.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Denis

On 2020-07-31 18:07, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
Hi, Denis!

On Jul 31, Denis Scherbakov wrote:
Hello guys,

I am building a set of MariaDB UDFs that require to know a name of a
user who called them in each and every call. Users should not be able to pretend as someone else, hence usernames as an argument cannot be used.

I compile UDFs against MariaDB headers and I was able to obtain the
current_thd, but the security_ctx pointer inside is NULL.

Could somebody give me a hint what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your answers!

Can you show a stack trace from where you see security_ctx being NULL in
your UDF?

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx