Weekly Report

Hi,

This week

   -
Worked out, fixed and documented some bugs in the Snappy service.
My initial conclusion needed some fine-tuning, it might be possible to make RocksDB work with our modifications, if we are able to switch the default compression engine on startup.
I also fixed the crash on startup for the Snappy service.

   -
Implemented a solution to conditionally include the custom headers only for the relevant storage engines.
This will also allow us to skip over a storage engine (for example RocksDB) if it does not work well with our modifications.

# in cmake/plugin.cmake

  IF(
    plugin STREQUAL "CONNECT"  OR
    plugin STREQUAL "INNOBASE" OR
    plugin STREQUAL "MROONGA"  OR
    plugin STREQUAL "ROCKSDB"
  )
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/include/compression)
  ENDIF()

   -
Reverted the implementation for the Snappy and LZO service.

   -
Rebased the branches onto the latest 10.5 branch.

Next week

   -
Implement the BZip2 service.

   -
Work on the ZStd and Snappy service to try and make it work with RocksDB.

   -
Continue writing the HOWTO file.

Thanks,
Kartik