Re: RFC: incompatible changes to mtr debugging flags

Hi, Vicențiu!

On Jan 27, Vicențiu Ciorbaru wrote:
> Hi Sergei!
>
> Just tested this out. I like the changes and can live with what you
> proposed. However, I don't see a reason to get rid of "--manual-debug". I
> like being able to see what command line parameters are needed to start the
> server with the exact same setup. Sometimes I use it to start the server
> manually, with/without the debugger.

It's inconsistent, --debug, --debug-common, --debug-server refer to a
completely different feature, not to a "debugger" in the sense of my
changes.

Technically, you can use now --manual-something-else, for example,
--manual-rr or --manual-strace. It'll tell you something like

To start strace for mysqld.1, type in another window:
strace -f -o /git/mysql-test/var/log/mysqld.1.strace /git/sql/mysqld --defaults-group-suffix=.1 --defaults-file=/git/mysql-test/var/my.cnf --log-output=file --log-bin=master-bin --binlog-format=mixed --core-file --loose-debug-sync-timeout=300 --gdb

And from here you can copy-paste the line starting from mysqld.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx