Re: 16e38888c06: Improved storage size for Item, Field and some other classes

Hi!

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 6:53 PM Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Michael!
>
> Did you consider trying -Wpadded?
>
> '-Wpadded'
>      Warn if padding is included in a structure, either to align an
>      element of the structure or to align the whole structure.
>      Sometimes when this happens it is possible to rearrange the fields
>      of the structure to reduce the padding and so make the structure
>      smaller.

No, I have not used that. Good to know about if I will try to do
rearrangement of some other structures later
(There are a lot of big structures in the server that would benefit of
rearrangement of variables)

Regards,
Monty