Re: Tips on Writing/Reading JSON

Hello, Michael!

Simple tools for reading JSON are declared in
the include/mysql/service_json.h.
Functions declared there are easy to use and understand, and they can read
any JSON.
Should be enough for you, at least to begin with. You need to look any
deeper only if
you have to make your code really fast, say if you're going to parse entire
columns of a big tables.

These 'simple' functions are used in sql/sql_acl.cc if you need an example.

I didn't develop any specific tools for writing the JSON. Relied on the
existing String class. Was mostly enough,
just few helper functions can be found there in sql/item_jsonfunc.cc.

Sergei Petrunia implemented the Json_writer class that writes the JSON, can
probably be utilized for your needs.

If you have any specific questions on how to parse this or get that value
from the JSON - don't hesitate to ask!

Best regards.
HF