Re: 38a888da0f1: MDEV-17554 Auto-create new partition for system versioned tables with history partitioned by INTERVAL/LIMIT

Hi Sergei!

The rebased patches are in

bb-10.7-midenok-MDEV-17554

Do we have open questions on review?

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 1:52 PM Aleksey Midenkov <midenok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sergei,
>
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 12:27 PM Aleksey Midenkov <midenok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Sergei,
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 11:30 AM Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, Aleksey!

> > > Hmm, so was it part of the bug fix or not?
> >
> > The bug was it doesn't work with LTM_PRELOCKED. It was a part of the
> > bug fix. There were no bug with lock merging -- it was a new change to
> > satisfy that bug fix.
>
> If you are reviewing MDEV-23639, that part is not yet finished and
> fully pushed. Maybe there was a misunderstanding. Please wait until I
> reassign that ticket to you. I'll do that along with MDEV-17554 review
> changes.

That part was finished and the ticket is on you.

> > > No, I don't.
> > > "double semantics" looks good, if you want to change the comment to
> > >
> > >   Note the double semantics of vers_set_hist_part() ...
> > >
> > > this is fine.
> >
> > And what's wrong with "is" construct?
> > Note the red apple.
> > Note the apple is red.
> >
> > The second one emphasizes the apple IS red. Is "double" some special
> > adjective that cannot be used in the second form?

I changed to "twofold" but please see:

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/570448/

So "is double" was not an error.

--