Re: ae1f4e4d727: MDEV-23836: Assertion `! is_set() || m_can_overwrite_status' in Diagnostics_area::set_error_status (interrupted ALTER TABLE under LOCK)

Hi, Rucha!

On Jul 23, Rucha Deodhar wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 1:55 PM Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Consider this - thd->killed can be changed literally any time. We cannot
> > test for it after every second line, can we? Clearly some places are
> > better for this test than others.
> >
> There was no specific reason except it seemed a better choice for this
> particular test case.
> But yes, it can also arrive before warning or later. Now I think it would
> be better check it before exiting handle_if_exists_option()
> and return appropriate value.

Yes, you're right, it would be better.

but KILL can come after handle_if_exists_options() too :)

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx