Re: 6768e3a2830: MDEV-22166 MIGRATE PARTITION: move out partition into a table

Hi, Aleksey!

On Sep 01, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

> > > Looks like IF_DBUG is superfluous macro and should be replaced by
> > >
> > > #ifndef DBUG_OFF
> > > #endif
> >
> > No, it's used in expression. Precisely, to avoid ifdefs.
>
> So, what about DBUG(A) variant?

We have IF_XXX for many different XXX. IF_DBUG was created to follow
this convention. Anytime you see a macro IF_XXX you know what it does.
Let's keep it that way.

> > About your ER_KEY_COLUMN_DOES_NOT_EXITS replacement:
> >
> > $ grep -c DOES_NOT_EXIST sql/share/errmsg-utf8.txt
> > 6
> > $ grep -c NOT_EXIST sql/share/errmsg-utf8.txt
> > 7
> >
> > So only one existing error message uses NOT_EXIST without DOES.
> > Let's keep the conventional naming. So, it should be
> >
> >    ER_KEY_DOES_NOT_EXIST
> >    ER_KEY_COLUMN_DOES_NOT_EXIST
> >    ER_PARTITION_DOES_NOT_EXIST
> >    ER_REORG_PARTITION_DOES_NOT_EXIST
>
> That is longer by the whole useless word...

It correct grammar. Messages looking bad otherwise.

Or, better, don't rename error messages at all and
preserve the compatibility with older applications.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx