Re: 6768e3a2830: MDEV-22166 MIGRATE PARTITION: move out partition into a table

Hi, Aleksey!

On Sep 06, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

> > > I believe ALTER TABLE atomicity is not the perfect one in respect of
> > > rollback on error so why should that be an example for me?
> >
> > let's start from a statement. You're stating that ALTER TABLE atomicity
> > is not the perfect one in respect of rollback on error.
> >
> > What do you mean by that? Can you show how ALTER TABLE wouldn't be
> > atomic after a rollback on an error?
>
> An example test is attached to this email.

Hmm, I see, thanks.

> I guess partitioning has no approach for that, the best it does is
> printing the warning message. So it is 2 of them. And partitioning can
> be easily switched to my scheme. As for the other DDL, it should be
> simplified as well, I hope this is possible. But as an intermediate we
> can have 2 approaches: for partitioning (my scheme) and for other DDL.

Okay, can you push this MDEV into preview-10.7-MDEV-22166-convert-partition ?
Only commits related to this MDEV, properly logically squashed, tests
fixed. Commits related to CREATE OR REPLACE shouldn't be there.
changes to parser.test or any traces of EXTRACT neither. I suspect you
broke dbug-t unit test, please, verify that it passes.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx