Re: 6ec64caec5d: MDEV-26650: Failed ALTER USER/GRANT statement removes the password from the cache

Hi, Oleksandr!

All good, ok to push.
Just add a comment right after memcpy, that

  /*
    if acl_user->nauth was >= nauth, then we've just updated the actual
    acl_user, not the copy. We rely on the fact that acl_update_user()
    cannot fail anywhere below.
  */

On Oct 15, Oleksandr Byelkin wrote:
> revision-id: 6ec64caec5d (mariadb-10.4.21-64-g6ec64caec5d)
> parent(s): a736a3174a4
> author: Oleksandr Byelkin
> committer: Oleksandr Byelkin
> timestamp: 2021-10-14 16:19:09 +0200
> message:
>
> MDEV-26650: Failed ALTER USER/GRANT statement removes the password from the cache
>
> Starting from 10.4 AUTH is not part of ACL_USER so changes have to be done
> over a copy, and bring in the cache only in case of success.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx