From: Arjen Lentz <arjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Maria Discuss <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 1:19:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Maria-discuss] Binding to network addresses

Hi Viljo

On 01/12/2009, at 5:40 AM, Viljo Hakala wrote:
> I am not sure whether this has been discussed.
>
> MySQL either binds to all network interfaces/addresses
> or to only single specified network  address.
>
> Wouldn't this limitation be  nice to have fixed in MariaDB,
> say  I want to bind to 127.0.0.1 and a VIP network address,
> maybe management network address, but not to all network
> addresses on a server?

Would be nice, but with iptables it's fairly easy to do anyway.
IPv6 is more interesting IMHO.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: packages for MySQL and MariaDB @ http://ourdelta.org