Re: Gentoo Ebuilds for MariaDB on GitHub

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:41:04 -0500, Brian Evans
<grknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brian> I have posted the build scripts for Gentoo onto GitHub.
Brian>
Brian> They can be found here: http://github.com/grknight/mariadb-gentoo
Brian>
Brian> Gentoo downstream uses git over bzr so I thought it was the best
Brian> choice.
Brian>
Brian> Feel free to pull from it.

Thanks!

I've added a Gentoo sub-page to our Building MariaDB page with a link
to your build scripts.

http://askmonty.org/wiki/index.php/Building_MariaDB:Gentoo

Right now the only thing on the page is the link and I'd like to add
a brief how-to to the page, but I don't know anything about Gentoo.

Do you think you could write a brief how-to on using your scripts to
build MariaDB on Gentoo which I could then post to the page (giving you
credit, of course)? Our wiki content is dual-licensed GNU-FDL/CC
BY-SA, just like Wikipedia.

Thanks again for the scripts!

--
Daniel Bartholomew