Re: MariaDB shutdowns silently

Den 21-04-2010 05:51, Joshua Partogi skrev:
Dear all,

I am currently running MariaDB in production and I often found it
would shutdown itself silently after inactivity. The application
itself is using Ruby on Rails. I have disabled the max_timeout
settings in my.cnf but the problem still occurs. Is there anything
else I should watch out for to prevent this issue continuing to occur?

When I saw this (with both MariaDB and MySQL), it was the connector that didn't renew the socket after closing as it should. This was with Java+hibernate, but it could be the same with the Rails connector.

The workaround I did was to run a "select 1" just before trying a real query. If this failed, I would shut down the connection and start it again. That worked, but it's quite horrible.

However, if this type of workaround works, you know the problem is in the connector to the database. If it doesn't work, then there is a higher chance that the problem is in the database.

But this is the first time I've heard of this particular error.

Bo.