Re: Please help me clear this simple but critical issue [SELECT INTO OUTFILE LOCAL]

mysqldump is more like a backup tool and is used to dump the whole
table/database rather than select records ...

The workaround we came up with is dump the data to a temp table and then use
a python program to convert and dump the table in CSV format. Though it
works, I feel it is redundant and not so efficient way of doing things.