Re: How to lock individual tables in 1-db-per-file binlogging (Was: Re: Per-db binlogging)

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Mark Leith <mark.leith@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip/>

>> (Is there any externally available documentation on MySQL's use of PSI?)
>

> There was a MySQL University session on it:
>
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Performance_Schema:_Instrumenting_Code

Thanks! (That's way cool stuff!)

My additions seemed to be done correctly EXCEPT for my omission of:

LINE 2: { &key_foo, "foo", ...},

(Oops!), which I realized after discovering that the
performance_schema table names are case sensitive on linux, and didn't
show any of the mutexes I had added ...

I also visited Marc Alff's blog and
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/performance-schema/en/index.html

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

> You should be able to use a single key with multiple instances of the mutex.

Awesome!

> Best regards
>
> Mark

Weldon