Re: Problem with MariaDb as a Windows service

I do not think the 'Event Veiwer' interface is quite the same in Win7 as
earlier versions.

I go to adminstration .. logbog .. administrative hændelser (administration
.. logs .. administrative events)

I find
1) one log item with 'owner' "Sercice Control Manager": "Tjenesten maria52
afsluttede uventet. Dette er sket 4 gang(e)." (English translation: the
maria53 service stopped unexpectedly.  This has happened 4 times!)
and
2) another log item with 'owner' "MySQL": "For more information, see Help
and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.  "

.. and I *do* use the Start button located in the same dialog bog! :-)

-- Peter

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 20:41, Philip Stoev <pstoev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can you please check what ends up in your Application log in the Event
> Viewer? When I get error 1067  from "net start", I get two entries in the
> Event Viewer. One is an Error entry saying "Aborting ... For more
> information, see Help and Support Center" and the other is an Information
> entry saying "MySQL: Shutdown complete".
>
> Note that after you add --console, you need to use the Start button located
> in the same dialog bog. Otherwise, Windows will not honor the --console
> option.
>

> Philip Stoev
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Laursen" <
> peter_laursen@xxxxxxxxxx>

>>> 2. In the "Start Parameters" box, type "--console" without the quotation
>>> marks